TT_HEAD

Friday, February 10, 2012

MORE TILES (TEXTURE PROCESS)


So in my last post I mentioned that I unwrapped all the rocks seperately but it didn't look like I evened the checkers. So I would like to clarify that I even my checkers when I pack the UVs when all the rocks are one mesh.


This is another Tile that has even Checkers when I packed the UVs.


From here I bake a Ambient Occlusion (AO)


This is the model with just the AO pass. again just to help pronounce the crevases where light doesn't get in. These are in a game engine which has bad lighting compnents so we back more lighting than AAA.


Finally I take that AO and back it onto the rock texture. again this is still WIP. I will bake a top / bottom map so I can add moss to faces whose normals are pointing upward.


This is the current Final render of the rock. *Note: WIP, subject to change*

No comments:

Post a Comment