TT_HEAD

Thursday, February 9, 2012

MORE TILES (Texturing)



here is one finished, and one wip.

I haven't had much time to work on this project. I started to texture the rocks.
I only spend a little time and got the main flat piece done, and I started on the diagonal tile.

Each rock I unwrap seperatly, then I attach all the rocks into one mesh and arrange and pack the UV of all the rocks onto one square texture. I then baked an Ambient Occlussion (AO) so the crevasses between the rocks get darkened since there is little light bouncing there.

Then create a rock texture using the AO as a multiply in photoshop.



This is one hand painted (Photoshop) texture I created using various custom brushes. No the pretist thing but it's getting there. this is a WIP first pass. I intend to add moss and various others to the top of these rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment